No illusions from the Democrat Party, however, it is in our face with reality.
I feel sorry for the good people who are the party faithful, blindly clinging to loyalty to satisfy their consciences.
RINO: ‘Republicans In Name Only,’ the party’s hypocrites.
‘The revealing truth’ of the GOP today is that it has a fine, patriotic party platform that may as well not exist. Winning GOP candidates who convinced us they are the patriots who would fight to support President Trump’s campaign to restore America by repealing Obamacare, reducing taxes, regulations and the size of the overwhelming federal government who have wound up becoming RINOs are the biggest Republican Party disappointments of our time.
It matters not what politicians say or how nice they appear. It is always! only about how they vote and these days that also includes ‘that’ they vote!!!
The RINOs hypocrisy might be more upsetting than the upfront nonsensical, deceitful and fatalistic aspects of the socialism exuding from the Democrats, because how can we fight if our poker-faced elected representatives we picked to clean up the mess are betraying us?
A lot of blame can be focused on leadership, but why would a bunch of patriots stand by and let the officers of a fantastic ship named America be steered intentionally adrift with no fuel, or rudder control with possibly a hurricane coming? It’s time for Congressional mutiny! The establishment’s obstructionist puppets Ryan and McConnell must go, and we should be recalling the RINO members of Congress that share the blame.
RINOs DON’T FOLLOW THE PARTY PLATFORM IN D.C.
The average voting record for both parties with our Constitution for the House of Representatives is 41% and in the Senate a paltry 35% as is tracked by The John Birch Society’s The New American.com Voting Index. Going to the index and seeing how many low scores and extremely low scores there are will tick you off and might even make you sick.
“The Freedom Index: A Congressional Scorecard Based on the U.S. Constitution” rates congressmen based on their adherence to constitutional principles of limited government, fiscal responsibility, national sovereignty, and a traditional foreign policy of avoiding foreign entanglements. The percentages are cumulative scores based on key votes from 1999 to the first part of 2017. Go to the Freedom Index and click on a senator’s or representative’s name to get a detailed breakdown of his or her voting record.
What we are getting from most of the Washington GOP RINOs is a mindset that the Republican Party’s Platform is irrelevant. Those words being ignored include the following standards in the PREAMBLE TO THE REPUBLICAN PARTY PLATFORM:
- We believe the Constitution was written not as a flexible document, but as our enduring covenant.
- We believe our constitutional system — limited government, separation of powers, federalism, and the rights of the people — must be preserved uncompromised for future generations.
- When political freedom and economic freedom are separated — both are in peril; when united, they are invincible.
- We believe that people are the ultimate resource — and that the people, not the government, are the best stewards of our country’s God-given natural resources.
- This means removing the power from unelected, unaccountable government.
- This means relieving the burden and expense of punishing government regulations.
- And this means returning to the people and the states the control that belongs to them. It is the control and the power to make their own decisions about what’s best for themselves and their families and communities.
- This platform is many things: A handbook for returning decision-making to the people. A guide to the constitutional rights of every American. And a manual for the kind of sustained growth that will bring opportunity to all those on the sidelines of our society.
Either these RINOs don’t read or don’t give a damn when there is money to be made or power to be gotten for following amoral leadership.
IDAHO: ABOUT AS GOOD AS IT GETS NATIONALLY
Idaho’s Senators and Congressmen (Republicans all) in Washington may not be perfect, but considering that both houses together average a voting record with the U.S. Constitution of only 38%, our guys have consistently been in first place among the 50 states with an Idaho state average record currently of 68%. Their average has been held down most often by Congressman Simpson, this time with an index of 54%, and this time also, Senator Crapo dropped to 68%. In this most recent 6 month index for the 115th Congress, Congressman Labrador was 89% and Senator Risch was 80%.
Although these voting records deserve some criticism, the fact that this is as ‘good’ as it is currently, is a sad commentary, when you consider that these are the best state voting records in the U.S. Congress.
Throwing them all out is not the answer because we sorely need solid Republicans with strong voting records such as: KY Sen. Rand Paul – 93%, UT Sen. Mike Lee – 92%, ID Dist.1: Raul Labrador – 89%, CA Dist.4: Tom McClintock – 85%, FL Dist.8: Bill Posey – 85%, SC Dist.1: Marshall Sanford – 83%, Dist.7: David Brat – 82%, TX Sen. Ted Cruz – 82%, SC Dist.3: Jeff Duncan – 81%, OK Dist.1: Jim Bridenstine – 80%, FL Dist.1: Matt Gaetz – 80%, NC Dist.3: Walter Jones – 80%, AZ Dist.5: Andy Biggs – 80, and VA Dist.5: Thomas Garrett – 80%.
DISAPPOINTING RINOs IN BOISE
The Idaho Freedom Foundation (IFF) also produces a voting index also called the Freedom Index which is measured against their 2017 Idaho Freedom Index Rating Metric. Their report on the most recent Idaho session in the House of Representatives averaged 45.96% and in the Senate at 31.91%. Also, paltry.
Similarly here in the state of Idaho, the following standards are being ignored in the PREAMBLE TO THE IDAHO REPUBLICAN PARTY PLATFORM:
- We believe the strength of our nation lies with our faith and reliance on God our Creator, the individual, and the family, and that each person’s dignity, freedom, ability and responsibility must be honored.
- We believe the United States Constitution is the greatest and most inspired document to govern a nation, and the republican form of government it gives us is the best guarantor of freedom in history.
- We believe free enterprise and encouraging individual initiative have brought this nation and state opportunity, economic growth and prosperity.
- We believe government must practice fiscal responsibility, and that taxpayers should allow the government only the money necessary to provide appropriate functions.
- We believe that our Founding Fathers gave us a government that is a servant of the people not our master and the proper role of government is to provide for the people only those critical functions that cannot be performed by individuals or private organizations.
- We believe the most effective, responsible and responsive government is government closest to the people and the sovereignty of the state must be protected. That government is best that governs least.
- We believe that the rights of individuals can only be maintained by exercising personal responsibility for behavior.
NORTH IDAHO: VOTING RECORDS THAT EXCEL
North Idaho’s Senators and Representatives, Republicans all, (in the top 3 districts, Districts 1,2, and 3) in the Idaho statehouse may not be perfect either, but considering that both houses together average a voting record with IFF’s 2017 Idaho Freedom Index Rating Metric of only 38.935%, we are very proud of our large concentration of strong voting records at the Boise statehouse where once bills come out of committee machines they are generally, systematically rubberstamped at the behest of the party leadership.
Bucking the crony leadership and following the Party Platform quite well as reflected in their voting records are: Rep. Heather Scott – Dist. 1, 99.3%; Rep. Sage Dixon – Dist. 1, 89.7%; Sen. Steve Vick – Dist. 2, 90.8%; Rep. Don Cheatham – Dist. 3, 91.3%; Rep. Ron Mendive – Dist. 3, 93.7% and Sen. Bob Nonini – Dist. 3, 93.1%
North Idaho’s concentration of high voting indexes average 92.98%. Again, not perfect but against a state average of 38.935%, we’ll keep ’em and cherish them and keep electing them.
Understanding that everything is local, and it all starts with central committees, acknowledgement should be paid to our local Kootenai County Central Committee’s stellar performance in following the party platform and aggressively projecting the party principles, planning and accomplishments in events such as the Lincoln Day Dinner and participation in the 4th of July Parade and the NI State Fair. It should be noted that their chairman, Brent Regan, is also the chairman of the Idaho Freedom Foundation, so it’s no wonder they are steeped in Constitutional and conservative values.
It is interesting that 3 Republicans in North Idaho with poor voting records are not running next time. Sen. Shawn Keough – Dist. 1, 45.5% and Rep. Eric Redman – Dist. 2, 49.7% are quitting for whatever reasons. Rep. Luke Malek – Dist. 4, 42.3% is dropping out to run, as some believe to be a spoiler candidate, for Raul Labrador’s vacated Congressional District 1 seat in Washington against former Senator Russ Fulcher.
The other 49 states and the rest of Idaho should follow north Idaho’s performance in turning out elected officials that know how to vote correctly. How about establishing a ‘Poor Voting Record Hunting Season’ for RINOs and once hunted down get them replaced with patriotic Republicans that read and follow the party platform and the Constitution.
In the meantime, we must let the RINOs know that we are watching and will work against them in the next election for violating our trust. They must sense our wrath and feel the pain of our opposition or they will keep on keeping on.
Congressional ‘Magic’ doesn’t work, the Constitution does.
Smokey the bear says “Only you can prevent forest fires.”
President Trump should say, “Only you can drain the congressional swamp…in Washington and in Idaho!”